Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial Auto Insurance Information
Commercial auto insurance helps provide essential financial protection for companies that use vehicles in everyday business. This coverage helps pay for the driver’s legal liability after an accident and may also provide coverage for company property.
Contact Suburban General Insurance Agency to get commercial auto insurance today.
How Does Commercial Auto Insurance Work In New Jersey?
Commercial auto insurance helps provide financial protection in the event of a covered accident or incident. Your company may not have coverage for accidents that occur while using a personal vehicle for business reasons. You must purchase enough liability coverage to remain in compliance with New Jersey’s laws, but you can also purchase coverage to help protect your company’s property.
How Much Commercial Auto Insurance Do I Need?
All New Jersey vehicles must have liability coverage that includes:
- Bodily injury liability to help cover third-party injuries in a covered accident.
- Property damage liability to help cover third-party property damage in a covered accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) to help cover accident-related expenses, including medical bills, lost wages, funeral costs and child care.
Vehicles with a U.S Department of Transportation of New Jersey serial number have higher minimum liability requirements. Talk with your agent to understand New Jersey’s exact needs.
What Does Commercial Auto Insurance Cover?
With proper insurance coverage, your New Jersey company can avoid much of the financial stress of an accident. Your insurance agent may recommend the following policies:
- Collision insurance helps pay for damages to the covered vehicle after colliding with another vehicle or object. Your lienholder typically requires collision coverage as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident-related damages, including fire, vandalism, weather damage or theft. Your lienholder typically requires comprehensive insurance as part of your full coverage auto insurance policy.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist insurance helps cover damage to your company vehicle if you are in an accident with a driver that doesn’t have appropriate insurance coverage.
- Hired and non-owned auto insurance (HNOA) helps cover leased, personal and rented vehicles used by your company.
Your agent may also recommend additional commercial auto coverage, including:
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
How Much Is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Your commercial auto insurance policy premiums are set by the insurer, and depend on several factors about your business and your property, including:
- The value and type of vehicles you insure
- Your company’s claims history
- Your policy limits and the commercial auto policies you purchase
The best way to get a personalized commercial auto insurance quote is to contact your agent.
How to Get Commercial Auto Insurance
Contact Suburban General Insurance Agency in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, to learn more about your commercial auto insurance options and get a quote.